Wednesday, April 24, 2013

"U" is for Unremarkable


Underwear?  Boxer briefs.

Ultimate Fighting Championship? Uninterested.

Uranus: Still a planet, right?

Ural:  Utilitarian Russian motorcycle.

Unholy Hunger:  Gritty detective-noir psychological thriller debut novel by Heather James.

Unmolested:  Better than overrestored.

Utilities and Infrastructure?  Yes, that was one topic idea, but I don't hate my readers.

Uninvited?  Cool song.  I liked it better when it was called Kashmir and performed by Zeppelin.

Unlamented:  That was an idea for a super-short story for today, but it went nowhere.

Ulysses?  Yes, it's on my Kindle; no, I haven't read it.

Unfortunately, for the second time in this here A to Z Challenge I am completely uninspired, unenergetic and unable to make more than a feeble stab at the letter of the day.  I apologize if you take umbrage, but on the bright side, I'm leaving more of your time unconsumed and unwasted.
Until tomorrow...


21 comments:

  1. Kashmir is a classic that should remain untouched.

    Lee
    Wrote By Rote
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? Maybe Alanis's song isn't a exact copy, but you can definitely hear the Zep in there.

      Delete
  2. Pretty clever for having no inspiration. You even had the presence of mind to plug a fellow Writers of Kern member's book. Reputation unmarred, Jerry. xoA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Understandable. Your unusual style has not gone unnoticed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My unremark: Understandable to be uninspired by the time U is upon us.
    Kathy @ Swagger Writers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could say "unintentional." But your post was very intentional.

    Be cool, and stay warm.
    Bears Noting


    ReplyDelete
  6. You are all undoubtedly the best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Made me chuckle. Couldn't think of a "u" word for that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I like utilities and infrastructure.

    But then again, I'm a civil engineer too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Suzi, we Civil engineers are a strange lot, aren't we? Literary Engineer, I love it. I like your style and I'm digging your movie theme and look forward to exploring your blog. I need to find out if anyone, anywhere has ever managed to write a novel with a Civil engineer as the main character...

      Delete
    2. I can't name any off-hand either. Although I think I may have seen one or two. I let you know if I remember any.

      That is one of my goals someday. To write some kind of thriller/mystery with an civil engineer. Woman of course. Maybe that takes place on a construction site. Haven't put much thought into it yet, and I've been doing more writing of young adult. But someday I'll maybe get to that.

      Delete
    3. If you do, can she (the engineer) have a male sidekick? :)

      Delete
  9. Hi Jer,
    I am here for the first time,
    Hey, Hey, What about unwanted.....
    keep blogging
    Good Wishes
    Keep in touch
    I am
    Phil @ Philipscom
    An ambassador to A to Z Challenge @ Tina's Life is Good
    And My Bio-blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, PV. Thanks for supplying "unwanted," since I forgot. Enjoyed your "V" post, and thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  10. Enjoyed this one, too! Think I'm going to have to become a follower...!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you'd follow over this post, you're easy to please! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. On the contrary, Jer, though unsensational from your perspective, your post is neither uncreative nor uninspired. Nice job, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, Dennis. I got a lot of help from commenters this time around.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to see your comments, good, bad or indifferent. If you have a blog, be sure to include the address so I can visit.